I met the guy who re-built my barge today. The original was a poorly built flat bottom barge, after the first ower had it a few years she pulled it out of the water to be serviced. When they were hauling it out the bottom essentially collapsed from rot. Tim (the guy who rebuilt it) made a slightly rounded bottom with places for the water to collect (and be pumped out) rather that just pool and rot, the original was just standard plywood, he used much better marine plywood. The house part was removed from the old bottom and placed on a new bottom.
Looks like there are lots of small things that need to be done. After having to take apart the meter to disconnect the electric (the meter is still sealed - don't bother calling the electric company on me) I decided to have it changed to a sealed plug in type that the majority of boats use. I need to call and find out if I am really limited to the 15Amps the meter say or can I just get a higher rated meter (also is the wiring in my barge hefty enough to handle 30amps). This would be really cool as the current 500Watt heaters (2 of them) take up 1/3 of that (add the dryer and computer and it is getting up there). I am going to be replacing the heaters and I would like to get more efficient 1000Watt ones. I also would love the extra leeway for safety purposes.
I will be talking with the shipwright some more tomorrow to work out a schedule (I will be painting the bottom myself, it will be inspected today to see if any fiberglass work is needed).
I got about 3 hours of sleep last night getting the barge ready to move.